I have all my websites using Apache's managed certs. Up to now I have been
restarting them periodically manually as root executing "apachectl
graceful" and then checking to see if the update happened. I have for a
long time been meaning to do that as a cron job, but haven't set one up in
a great while.

I've seen recommendations for restarting Apache (using the certbot method)
daily, but that seems like overkill for my little-used sites and Apache
managed certs.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good restart frequency for managed certs?

Also, should the cron job use "apachectl" or a systemd command?

Thanks,

-Tom