On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 12:23 Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have all my websites using Apache's managed certs. Up to now I have been
> restarting them periodically manually as root executing "apachectl
> graceful" and then checking to see if the update happened. I have for a
> long time been meaning to do that as a cron job, but haven't set one up in
> a great while.

With all due thanks and respect to responders to my original question, I
think I need to break it into pieces:

1. Is anyone using Apache's experimental "managed domain" (mod_md) for
taking care of Letsencrypt TLS cert handling? If not, please do not respond.

2. If, and only if, that is true, a few questions:

    a. How do you manage the required restarts to make the system work
correctly?

    b. Do you use "apachectl" or "systemctl" to control restarts?

    c. If you use a cron job, are you willing to share the pertinent lines?

Thanks,

-Tom