It was thus said that the Great Tom Browder once stated:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 12:23 Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have all my websites using Apache's managed certs. Up to now I have been
> > restarting them periodically manually as root executing "apachectl
> > graceful" and then checking to see if the update happened. I have for a
> > long time been meaning to do that as a cron job, but haven't set one up in
> > a great while.
>

> With all due thanks and respect to responders to my original question, I
> think I need to break it into pieces:
>
> 1. Is anyone using Apache's experimental "managed domain" (mod_md) for
> taking care of Letsencrypt TLS cert handling? If not, please do not respond.

  I am, currently for 12 sites (about to add another one).  I started using
it in February, with Apache 2.4.54.  It's been working fine for me.

> 2. If, and only if, that is true, a few questions:
>
>     a. How do you manage the required restarts to make the system work
> correctly?

  I already have a cron job to rotate the sever log files (monthly) so the
restarts are already happening.

>     b. Do you use "apachectl" or "systemctl" to control restarts?

  apachectrl

>     c. If you use a cron job, are you willing to share the pertinent lines?

  The only pertinent line in the cron job is:

        /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl graceful

  -spc