On 3/24/23 21:53, Tom Browder wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 20:26 Ruben Safir <mrbrk...@panix.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/24/23 20:53, Sean Conner wrote:
>>> /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl graceful
>>
>> that might not work if systemd is superving
>

> What would you recommend?
>
> -Tom

I perfer apachctl because my apache set up and administration is outside
of the OSs tools set or package management.

But I am not using systemd since I use artix linux.

systemd controlls sockets etc.  I had found that when systemd controlled
apache and apache died because of coding error, that systemd spun out of
control, repeatedly reboot apache over and over again in an endless
loop.  It is not the behavior I wanted.

not even killall -9 httpd would put that bad dog down.

Reuvain
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com