Hi Martin,

On 16 October 2016 at 15:52, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Bilgin,
>
> The footer is replaceable, see https://github.com/apache/
> isis/blob/master/core/viewer-wicket-ui/src/main/java/org/
> apache/isis/viewer/wicket/ui/components/footer/FooterPanelFactory.java.
> It uses ComponentType.FOOTER as a key.
> Check the other ComponentTypes for what else is possible to be replaced
> directly by providing your own factory.
> Some other small things, like the logo and app name, are exposed in the
> Guice config.

I've seen component types, but to replace a footer I have to touch

IsisWicketApplication
ComponentFactoryRegistrarDefault
ComponentFactoryAbstract
create my panel, html, css...

I think if we give the users ability to customise the existing footer,
it will be an easy win.

It is already possible to disable the theme selector through

isis.viewer.wicket.themes.showChooser=false

and we can add similar features for the  breadcrumb and bookmarks too.
I can do that for breadcrumbs, but the bookmark one is slightly more
complicated for me.

And last but not least, if I can provide my own html snippet for the
footer text, it will be enough. Then the whole UI is customisable w/o
touching 5-6 java classes.

WDYT?

PS: as for the broken theme, it is not giving a good first impression
to new comers who would try the few options on the UI. And hiding the
broken template will be easy though configuration. I'll do a PR for
it.

Cheers,
B.