Hello – I’m a newbie so forgive me for blasting out an email to sort some
confusion I have that isn’t clear from the website.

After download Jackrabbit 2.16.1 war – unjarring setting up
bootstrap.properties – rejarring and deploying (Apache Tomcat/8.5.28 & JRE
1.8.0_162-b12)  I get 2 errors.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: derby.log (Permission denied)
ERROR XBM02: Startup failed due to missing functionality for
org.apache.derby.iapi.types.DataValueFactory. Please ensure your classpath
includes the correct Derby software.

What’s the difference/relationship between Jackrabbit and Oak?

I really appreciate any pointers.

--
kevin_mcint...@intuit.com