On 2018-02-23 04:01, McIntyre, Kevin wrote:
Thanks for that - I too saw that…but I doubted that as the issue since I’m just
deploying the pre-built war.

Ended up switching to jackrabbit-oak with the understanding that it’s based on
JCR 2.0 – whereas jackrabbit is JCR 1.0

Both are JCR 2.0. Oak is a completely new stack, but the JCR API implemented is the same.

The versions are confusing – for instance why is there jackrabbit-oak 1.4.x,
1.6.x and 1.8.x?

Different branches. Moving to another branch can change APIs in incompatible ways, so we maintain older ones for quite some time.

More specificity to these differences would be helpful to onboarding.

"latest stable" is usually what you want.

Best regards, Julian