TBH I think you're writing to the wrong mailing list. You should write to the
<insert UI framework here> mailing list, and ask them to provide example code
to use the UI with a Fuseki backend instead of MySQL.

Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 at 12:33 PM
From: "David Moss" <admo...@gmail.com>
To: users@jena.apache.org
Subject: Re: Example code

On 19/3/18, 5:39 pm, "Lorenz Buehmann" <buehm...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
wrote:

>Well, isn't that the task of the UI logic? You get JSON-LD and now you
>can visualize it. I don't really see the problem here?

Therein lies the problem. I'm sure _you_ know how to do it.
How does someone without experience in integrating Jena with UI know how to do
it?

>dataset -> query -> data -> visualization (table, graph, etc.)

Those are indeed a set of steps. Do you have an example of how to do that in
java code and load the result into a combobox for selection in a UI?

>Why should this be an example on the Apache Jena documentation?

It shouldn't. It should be stored separately from the Apache Jena documentation.
The Javadoc is for how Jena works internally and how to maintain Jena itself.
I'm talking about examples to help people use Jena in the kind of applications
people want to use.

One of the dilemmas I have regarding Jena is how to store query results locally.
I could use Jena to query an endpoint, iterate through the ResultSet and build
POJOs or Tables.
Or is it better to keep the results in a Model and query that again to build UI
components?
Or maybe I should ditch the fancy Jena objects and just get a result as a JSON
object and work with that?

These are all possibilities, but how is it actually being done in real
projects? Where are the examples?

A reply like "dataset -> query -> data -> visualization (table, graph, etc.)"
is very glib, but it doesn't actually have anything in the way of example code
that can be used by people new to Jena in their own real-world programs. That
is what I see as missing.

DM