Thank you very much for your help stan!

I do not have any such software AFAIK. I even tried *enabling* ibus typing
booster (which I did not previously had enabled), and it changed nothing.

Either way, the fact that I can observe the issue even in GDM makes me suspect
something of the core stack (X11, GNOME, ibus, etc) is the culprit.
I might have to resort to scavenging the changelogs/commits of some of them
between F25 and F26 to see if something stands out. But it would seem
reasonable that more people would report similar troubles if it was something
that did not depend on my specific combination of configurations and versions.