On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 02:29:04 -0000
"Daniel Miranda" <danielk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The issue does not manifest itself in a VT.
>
> I am definitely not using Wayland. The XDG_SESSION_TYPE env var is
> set to X11, and the GNOME doesn't have EGLStreams enabled to make
> Wayland work with the NVIDIA drivers.

So, definitely something to do with X processing.

> I will test a different DE and/or a live image whenever I have the
> time. I suspect I might not be able to reproduce the issue with the
> default settings, otherwise many other users would have complained
> already.

It sure seems likely.

> I seem to have quite a few new erros in journalctl compared to what I
> saw in F25 - many GTK assertions of different kinds, but none that I
> can correlate with the lagging keypresses.

I interpret that to mean that the behavior is not considered an
aberration, and so doesn't get logged.

> I did just notice that the systemd user sessions is acting in a
> strange manner. it seems to always be dying when I log out from
> GNOME, even when lingering is enabled and/or I have a second session
> running. I can't easily find what is causing it to die, other than it
> doesn't seem like a crash (`journalctl --user` indicates it was
> killed by SIGRTMIN+24, which seems just like the systemd-exit.service
> unit being called normally).

Can't help with this, my systemd fu is weak.

I had a look in bugzilla, and didn't find anything about this,
though it would be easy to miss depending on what it was reported
against.  I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone else can come up with an
explanation. And if I think of anything else, I'll let you know.