The issue does not manifest itself in a VT.

I am definitely not using Wayland. The XDG_SESSION_TYPE env var is set to X11,
and the GNOME doesn't have EGLStreams enabled to make Wayland work with the
NVIDIA drivers.

I will test a different DE and/or a live image whenever I have the time. I
suspect I might not be able to reproduce the issue with the default settings,
otherwise many other users would have complained already.

I seem to have quite a few new erros in journalctl compared to what I saw in
F25 - many GTK assertions of different kinds, but none that I can correlate
with the lagging keypresses.

I did just notice that the systemd user sessions is acting in a strange manner.
it seems to always be dying when I log out from GNOME, even when lingering is
enabled and/or I have a second session running. I can't easily find what is
causing it to die, other than it doesn't seem like a crash (`journalctl --user`
indicates it was killed by SIGRTMIN+24, which seems just like the
systemd-exit.service unit being called normally).