Could be the case that AUTOCONF and DHCPv6 are mutually exclusive now.
I have a CentOS 7.4 machine which seems to be running correctly with both
IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes and DHCPV6C=yes, but that distribution has dhclient provided
by dhclient-4.2.5-58.el7.centos.1 and Fedora 27 is using rhclient from
dhcp-client-4.3.6-9.fc27.  Could be changed behavior between 4.2 and 4.3 of
dhclient.

Against that hypothesis is that the dhclient did log that it was requesting on
the second interface, which has the same settings in the ifcfg file.  I'll try
some different settings tonight.  I'm pretty sure that the current version of
the file was hand edited, I have used nmcli and nmtui in the past.
I just edited the connection with nmtui and it did use only the autoconf
directive, not the dhcp, so I will see if that worked.  It did not just from
restarting NetworkManager, I will have to try later bringing the interface down
all the way and restarting.  I am connected over that network via ssh currently
so I can't easily shut it down.

thanks,
Chris C