On 03/07/18 07:04, Chris Caudle wrote:
> Could be the case that AUTOCONF and DHCPv6 are mutually exclusive now.
> I have a CentOS 7.4 machine which seems to be running correctly with both
> IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes and DHCPV6C=yes, but that distribution has dhclient
> provided by dhclient-4.2.5-58.el7.centos.1 and Fedora 27 is using rhclient
> from dhcp-client-4.3.6-9.fc27.  Could be changed behavior between 4.2 and 4.3
> of dhclient.
>
> Against that hypothesis is that the dhclient did log that it was requesting
> on the second interface, which has the same settings in the ifcfg file.  I'll
> try some different settings tonight.  I'm pretty sure that the current
> version of the file was hand edited, I have used nmcli and nmtui in the past.
> I just edited the connection with nmtui and it did use only the autoconf
> directive, not the dhcp, so I will see if that worked.  It did not just from
> restarting NetworkManager, I will have to try later bringing the interface
> down all the way and restarting.  I am connected over that network via ssh
> currently so I can't easily shut it down.

OK.

Just one thing to note.  Auto-Configuration, also known as stateless, will only
work
if the router is configured to supply "router advertisements"

FWIW, I do think a network can have both.  Just not sure if a client can define
both.  I would be concerned with inconsistent addresses being assigned.

I've just not been able to test it since I only have one router on my system
and it
can only be configured for "stateless" or "stateful (dhcp)" operation.

--
If simple questions can be answered with a simple google query then why are
there so