On Sun, 31 May 2020 20:28:29 +0530
Sreyan Chakravarty <sreya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/28/20 1:37 AM, stan via users wrote:

> > Try that, if it still doesn't work, it probably isn't going to be
> > trivial to get your setup working because there is probably a reason
> > that device 12 was selected as default instead of device 0.  It will
> > require finding that reason and correcting it, if possible.
>
> How do I find that reason ? What more can I do ? I am almost out of
> ideas now.
>
> That's basically what I am asking. What further investigation can I
> do ?

If Ĺ‚ukasz' suggestion of installing alsa-plugins-pulseaudio doesn't fix
your problem,  can you show your pulseaudio related packages:
rpm -qa | grep -i pulse | less

I think you said you are running kde, so you should have pulseaudio-qt
and kde-settings-pulseaudio, in addition to pulseaudio and
pulseaudio-libs, and now, of course, if it wasn't there before,
alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.

I notice that you are using sysdefault instead of default as audacity's
playback device.  You want that switched to default since you are the
sole user of sound.

If none of the above has worked, go to this link,
https://alsa-project.org/wiki/Help_To_Debug
download the alsa-info.sh script, and run it.  Then paste the output
somewhere, and provide a link (the output is pretty extensive).  I
don't think alsa is the issue, since your devices are showing as
available in both pulseaudio and audacity.  But we are out of easy
options now.

Also run this command and show the list:
rpm -qa | grep -i alsa | less

And
ls -n /etc/pulse

And you might as well paste somewhere