On 2020-06-15 19:35, Sreyan Chakravarty wrote:

> On 6/12/20 8:06 PM, stan via users wrote:
>> Is card0 the default set in pulseaudio?  Use pavucontrol to validate.
>> Both the setting, and you can play some audio and make sure the meters
>> are indicating on the correct device.
>
> I installed pavucontrol and checked my output devices. There is nothing
> listed as "card0" in pavucontrol.
>
> This is the screenshot of pavucontrol:
>
> https://imgur.com/a/37skShj
>
> So I am not sure what you want me to do.

I've not been following this list for a while and  this thread is old enough
that I can't go back to the start.

Anyway, I've no problem for audacity to play.  My system has both

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High
Definition Audio (rev 05)
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK106 HDMI Audio Controller (rev a1)

I use the Intel device since I have a good set of speakers connected.  The
speakers in my monitors
produce tinny sound.  Not sure it is helpful.

https://imgur.com/gallery/XdIU2yb

Shows what pavucontrol looks like when play an mp3 file.  It is possible to
have some applications
use a different device.

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.