On 5/31/20 11:45 PM, stan via users wrote:

If lukasz' suggestion of installing alsa-plugins-pulseaudio doesn't fix
your problem,  can you show your pulseaudio related packages:
rpm -qa | grep -i pulse | less

Sorry for the late reply. Weird things have been happening at my job.

The output of :

rpm -qa | grep -i pulse | less

https://pastebin.com/raw/xwAbhxAV

I think you said you are running kde, so you should have pulseaudio-qt
Nope. I am on GNOME.
I notice that you are using sysdefault instead of default as audacity's
playback device.  You want that switched to default since you are the
sole user of sound.
I have done as you recommended and am using "default" now. But still there is no change in my situation and there is no "pulse" option.

If none of the above has worked, go to this link,
https://alsa-project.org/wiki/Help_To_Debug
download the alsa-info.sh script, and run it.  Then paste the output
somewhere, and provide a link (the output is pretty extensive).

This is the output of alsa-info.sh:

https://pastebin.com/raw/NQ8KjUtP

don't think alsa is the issue, since your devices are showing as
available in both pulseaudio and audacity.  But we are out of easy
options now.
I have no idea what is going wrong here. Its frustrating because this is just something that is suppose to work out of the box.

Also run this command and show the list:
rpm -qa | grep -i alsa | less

This is the output of the above command:

https://pastebin.com/raw/gnzyq7ik

And
ls -n /etc/pulse

This is output of the above command:

total 20
-rw-r--r--. 1 0 0 1201 Mar 31 20:06 client.conf
-rw-r--r--. 1 0 0 2426 Mar 31 20:06 daemon.conf
-rw-r--r--. 1 0 0 4904 Mar 31 20:06 default.pa
-

And you might as well paste somewhere
cat /etc/pulse/default.conf

There is no file called /etc/pulse/default.conf on my system but there is a file called /etc/pulse/default.pa and the output of that is:

https://pastebin.com/raw/4pp4J1ku

I hope you are able to find something in the huge amount of information that you requested for.

Thanks for still helping me with this.

--
Regards,
Sreyan