Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> On Sun, 03 May 2015 17:33:53 +0200
> Frantisek Hanzlik <fra...@hanzlici.cz> wrote:
>
>> Marko Vojinovic wrote:

>>> Umm, because everyone is happy with systemd? :-)
>>>
>>> If you want Fedora to have an alternative init, roll up your sleeves
>>> and dig in, make it happen! ;-)
>>>
>>> :-)alternative init
>>> Marko
>>
>> Marko thanks to Your reply, but:
>> - All around perhaps are not happy, as I'm not. And perhaps all those,
>> who do not have the ability to say it here.
>>
>> - about 'alternative init' what can you recommend to me to make this
>> happen? I must say, I'm not programmer, rather user and administrator
>> for several Linux/Un*x machines. But I really want somehow interest
>> in this issue.
>
> I guess the smileys I put up there didn't do their job.
>
> My comment above was tongue-in-cheek. It is the type of the response
> one gets from systemd-advocates whenever a question similar to yours
> pops up on this list.
>
> The init system is not just any old package that you can replace on
> your system. Rather, it is an integral piece of gear, interwoven with
> the kernel and a whole bunch of other mission-critical apps for any
> Linux distro. In this sense, changing one init system for another is a
> highly nontrivial task, and requires expert knowledge of all sorts of
> under-the-hood stuff in Linux. There are not so many people on the
> planet who have the knowledge to actually sit down and write an in-place
> substitute for systemd. That is why there is no alternative for Fedora.
>
> In other words, if you want to make an alternative init system, you need
> to be somewhat like Lennart Poettering. And he is a tough act to
> follow, in more ways than one... ;-)
>
> My approach to this issue has been to learn to live with systemd, and
> hope that the reasons for its existence will ultimately be of global
> benefit. It's the same frame of mind one has when paying taxes ---
> they're unavoidable, painful for the individual, and are supposed to
> be beneficial for the progress of the community (although that's not
> immediately obvious to the individual).
>
> I do this by learning about systemd on-the-fly --- as much as I need to
> get my job done, and never any more than that. :-)
>
> HTH, :-)
> Marko

Marko, thanks,
I'm not sure when init daemon is some extraordinary. As I wrote,
systemd announces itself as compatible with SysV init - and in its
early stages (in F14 it was chaser but optional) it was option for
upstart. And what I understood, other distros consider the systemd
deployment, but as alternative to their existing init daemons.

PS: No, I do no want be somewhat like Lennart Poettering - destroyed
Linux audio subsystem speaks for itself (but I thing it was benefical
for ms windows ecosystem). I only want a system that is understandable
and that I can rely on - it's all.
--
With regards, Franta Hanzlik