On 7/10/07 3:56 PM, "Glenn Carver" <glenn.car...@atm.ch.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Brian, Ralph,
>
> I neglected to mention in my first email that the application hasn't
> completed when I see the "HNP lost" messages. All processes of the
> pplication are still running on the nodes (well consuming cpu cycles
> really).  I should check to see i mpirun is still there.

Ah - yes, that does make a large difference. In that case, my explanation is
invalid as it applies to the scenario where your procs have completed, and
that message dos mean that you are losing communication. My apologies.

If mpirun is still there, then I would be very suspicious of your fabric.

> Further investigation has revealed that the IB switc is logging a
> fault on both power supplies (even though all status lights are
> green). So I suspect I do have a flaky IB problem.  I'll start there
> anyway.
>
> On quick question - what would be a good TCP stress test to do?  It
> might help me tie down the problem o the switch or the adapter cards.

Have to let someone else help you ere.