On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 12:10 +0200, Matthieu Brucher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two questions, in fact.
>
> The first is what the support of LSF by OpenMPI means. When mpirun is
> executed, it is an LSF job that is actually ran? Or what does it
> imply? I've tried to search on the openmpi website as well as on the
> internet, but I couldn't find a clear answer/use case.

Hi Matthieu

I think it's fair to say that if "batch system XYZ" is supported, then
in a job script submitted to that batch system you can issue an mpirun
command without manually specifying numbers of processes, hostnames,
launch protocols, etc.  They're all picked up using the mechanisms of
the batch system.

If LSF has any peculiarities, someone will point them out, I'm sure.

Configuring for LSF I can't help you with.

Ciao