On May 5, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Jeroen Kleijer wrote:

If you wish to submit to lsf using its native commands (bsub) you can do the following:

bsub -q ${QUEUE} -a openmpi -n ${CPUS} "mpirun.lsf -x PATH -x LD_LIBRARY_PATH -x MPI_BUFFER_SIZE ${COMMAND} ${OPTIONS}"

It should be noted that in this case you don't call OpenMPI's mpirun directly but use the mpirun.lsf, a wrapper script provided by LSF. This wrapper script takes care of setting the necessary environment variables and eventually calls the correct mpirun. (the option "-a openmpi" tells LSF that we're using OpenMPI so don't try to autodetect)

I had forgotten about this.

I should ask my LSF contacts if this method still works with Open MPI v1.3 (which natively supports LSF), or whether strange / interesting failures occur because of the integration that mpirun.lsf does ends up effectively conflicting with what OMPI's mpirun does internally...

Cisco Systems