Hello Jon,

The message_queue is a SIP URI pointing to an audio announcement to play to roll of the waiting/in-queue playback. This needs to be an announcements that never ends (from the perspective of the media server); only the the OpenSIPS Queue may terminate the playback, when it decides to take out the call from waiting and to deliver it to an agent.

As for your question, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "inject a message with queue position for the caller in question" - could you detail please ?