For the additional requirement, getting into the pure Maven repo  (The
best), I really meant: build-able.

Me too, I don't really care what tool you use to build it as long as
the tool is already checked in and you only use the attached metadata
and the attached sources.
But a tool like this, in my eyes is just another Maven plugin.

Why care about being build-able?
"Non-buildable source is fine as a gesture of goodwill, but I think if the
public source isn't buildable, we're gonna end up with egg on our faces."
Quote from:
http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/opensolaris-discuss/2005-February/002170.html