Maybe I misunderstand you, but for me this works nicely in a module which has a
parent of type POM which has the root (also of type POM) as parent. I.e. the
root POM is the grandparent. I have no issues, as long as the property is
declared in the root as shown in the project I linked to.
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de