I have several spring boot applications in my reactor that need to be
repackaged before deployment. Only those spring boot modules have reference
to the spring boot plugin.

My current approach is to build the entire reactor (via install goal), and
later run repackaging goal only on particular spring boot modules like
follows

mvn install
mvn package spring-boot:repackage --projects
springboot1,springboot2,springboot3

Can the projects list be offloaded into profile configuration? I have a
feeling the spring boot entrypoints will only proliferate in the future and
would rather modify that list via pom rather than the multiple
pipelines/cicd applications. I suppose workaround would be to manage a
second pom which only lists those modules but then things might get hairy
with parent references.