On 4/22/05, Kenney Westerhof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Mykel Alvis wrote:
>
> Total now $0.04:
>
> I totally agree, but since Maven 2 already uses directories with the
> version in it's name, it should be possible to store the jar itself
> without a version in it's name. The path to the jar already has it's
> version in it, so you can still differentiate between versions
> (but not snapshots..)

Hmmm... The same argument could be made for removing the artifactID -
so maybe it should be /artifactId/version/.jar :))

You're right, but then you have an inconsistency between how snapshots
and others look, and if you were to download it over the web, you lose
that version information in the filename.

Cheers,
Brett