Hi Mike,

I'm assuming you're talking about running > 1 goal in the same phase?

Order is not guaranteed. Annoying.

Documentation at http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/ introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html would imply that they are applied in the order they're found in poms, but that isn't true given pom goals are parsed into a hashtable. Thus, order is not guaranteed and may very in any given run.

See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1499. Also, previous discussion on this topic is interesting:
http://www.nabble.com/Patch-regarding-build-order-tf924491.html#a2397401

Don't understand why it takes maven so long to make new (non- SNAPSHOT) releases especially in light of so many bugs (and existing fixes). I'd have thought with the release plugin it wouldn't be that difficult. Just grumbling...

Cheers,
Eric