Ben Lidgey wrote:
Some of our builds here have started failing today as it is unable to download
surefire-junit-2.4-SNAPSHOT artifact. Is there an issue with this?

I have tried mvn -U -up with no success. Most developers are using Maven 2.0.7,
but some of us are using 2.0.8 to prepare for rolling that out. Would that have
updated some plugins in the local repository, causing old builds to fail?

Downloading: http://dev1.wa:8280/maven-proxy/repository/org/apache/maven/surefir
e/surefire-junit/2.4-SNAPSHOT/surefire-junit-2.4-SNAPSHOT.pom
Downloading: http://dev1.wa:8280/maven-proxy/repository/org/apache/maven/surefir
e/surefire-junit/2.4-SNAPSHOT/surefire-junit-2.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire -DartifactId=
surefire-junit \
          -Dversion=2.4-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire -DartifactId=sure
fire-junit \
          -Dversion=2.4-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
           -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
        2) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  dummy:dummy:jar:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  appfuse (http://static.appfuse.org/repository)

Snapshots are in separate repo:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

Surefire 2.4 has just passed release vote and will soon be in central repo (sometime today).

Cheers