On Dec 16, 2008, at 5:24 PM, Todd Thiessen wrote:

I believe there is. Plugin can have different executions. There is some
documentation about that here:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycl
e.html#Plugins

But that doesn't work for the exec plugin. I'd be grateful if someone could prove me wrong.

and I believe the definitive guide has some examples too.

No, in the book they always pass the exec arguments on the command line. See:

http://books.sonatype.com/maven-book/reference/customizing.html#section-custom-exec

But you still would have to bind it to a phase, which you don't want to do.

I'm not trying to avoid anything. If binding to a phase would solve the problems, then I'd do it. But simply binding a plugin to a phase is not enough, for reasons I have shown.

So I agree with you that Maven is definitely heavy weight if all
you wish to do is execute an exe with different parameters each time.
It doesn't do this nicely. You probably just want a simple script for
that.

Or I could just use profiles.

Trevor