Andre - That is a very good reason to use WebHDFS that I hadn't considered.
Andre I see that you have already created a JIRA for this at [1]. Thanks
for starting that process. Lets get some more requirements listed there and
get the ball rolling. After hearing the input from everyone in this thread
I'm certainly starting to see the value.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1924