Hi everybody,

I recently started up a new cloud Linux instance with 1GB of ram to do some
quick tasks in NiFi. I noticed NiFi kept dying without much information in
the logs - it just seemed to stop during startup.

Eventually I realized the system was running out of memory and OOM killing
the process, hence the lack of information in the NiFi logs. Empirically
version 1.3.0 needs about 1.1GB of RAM to start, and my flow caused an
additional 200MB of ram usage.

Are there any recommendations to get NiFi running with a lighter footprint?
I noted the default 512MB heap limits in the bootstrap config (which I
didn't change) so I'm guessing the ram usage is related to NiFi's plethora
of processors.

Cheers,
Adam