Hi folks, thanks for the explanations! I've opened a JIRA ticket describing
this issues plus a few more that I faced since I started learning NiFi (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4569). It got a little verbose
so forgive-me and feel free to ignore it. ;)

Most of my hit backs I attribute to my lack of experience with Java/groovy
and really to flaws of NiFi.

@Matt any chance of a future post series "service scripting cookbook"? ;)
Jokes apart it would be a great asset to have a post or document showcasing
the most common service interfaces.

Thanks again for the help!