Tim,

We can certainly expose some DBCP properties as processor properties,
we'd have to enumerate them explicitly since the user-defined ones are
used for the connection. Please feel free to write up an Improvement
Jira [1] to cover whichever properties you'd like to see added to
DBCPConnectionPool.

Also, we've had some issues with Kerberos ticket expiration that were
addressed in NiFi 1.5.0 [2], not sure if that would help you out or
not.

Regards,
Matt

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI