On Sat, 22 Jun 2013, Doug wrote:

On 06/22/2013 10:35 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

/snip/

If the WP lobby feel so strongly about not having "Reveal Codes", why don't
they do something about it and write an extension to do just that?

Maybe it's because we're not programmers. We're people who just want to
use a word processor without all the folderol of "styles." ...

You can use OO/LO just fine without styles, and I suspect that most users do. You won't be taking full advantage of the software, but you can do it and be productive. The same goes for WordPerfect, which also has styles.

Now if OO and LO are so great, why can't they deal with ...

This stuff had nothing to do with this thread.

It's hopeless, folks. OO/LO have decided for you that if you want to use
them, you will have to get a book on style-programming. Enjoy!

Again, this is just not correct.

- Robert