A while back, I asked some questions about opening a text file in Calc, as
text, CSV. I solved the CSV part of it, but I was using notepad++ on
Windows 7, to prepare the file.

I'm still on Windows 7 and have Open Office 4.1.2.

What I want to do is prepare the file using Open Office Writer, instead of
notepad++.

An example of the text is:

USER: nIckmenza ACCESS: 250 L
CHANNEL: #arlington AUTOMODE: OP
LAST SEEN: 0 days, 02:45:30 ago.
LAST MODIFIED: pomol Sir^POMOL!digi...@pomol.users.undernet.org 4087 days,
09:31:38 ago
USER: NaV1GaToR ACCESS: 250
CHANNEL: #arlington AUTOMODE: OP
LAST SEEN: 1572 days, 05:19:23 ago.
LAST MODIFIED: pomol Sir^POMOL!digi...@sirpomol.net 5181 days, 12:13:11 ago
USER: nite ACCESS: 100
CHANNEL: #arlington AUTOMODE: OP
LAST SEEN: 0 days, 22:15:01 ago.
LAST MODIFIED: monalisa2 Moniq!asila...@monalisa2.users.undernet.org 20
days, 16:34:36 ago
USER: okidoki ACCESS: 100 L
CHANNEL: #arlington AUTOMODE: OP
LAST SEEN: 0 days, 17:27:17 ago.
LAST MODIFIED: darxide dxd-!~d...@darxide.users.undernet.org 40 days,
07:29:15 ago
USER: pomol ACCESS: 500
CHANNEL: #arlington AUTOMODE: OP
LAST SEEN: 0 days, 12:34:17 ago.
LAST MODIFIED: bobskc BobsKC!bob...@bobskc.users.undernet.org 4240 days,
02:36:24 ago

What I want to do is make all of the data about each individual user be on
ONE line, so that it will open and appear all on a single line, in Calc.

In notepad++ I would \r\nCHANNEL Find and Replace to CHANNEL, which would
cause the CHANNEL lines to append themselves to the above line, and then
\r\nLAST would do the other lines which begin with LAST (losing the
MODIFIED and SEEN).

How can I do the same thing in Writer, to make the data for each user in a
single line?

Like:

USER: okidoki ACCESS: 100 L CHANNEL: #arlington AUTOMODE: OP LAST SEEN: 0
days, 17:27:17 ago. LAST MODIFIED: darxide dxd-!~
d...@darxide.users.undernet.org 40 days, 07:29:15 ago

I wouldn't mind knowing how to elimiate the colon ":" after USER: AUTOMODE:
SEEN: AND MODFIED: without eliminating the colons in all of the times? The
obvious way is Find and Replace each one R: E: N: and D:, is there a more
efficient way, maybe a regex for letters not numbers?

Thanks so much for your help!

Linda