jhivacaville,

Go to this website to download the latest version of the program, free.
https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

As already mentioned the program is free.

The message does go to all users, not to Apache foundation. This is not
ridiculous. This is the support model for this program and many other open
source programs. It is a different model than used by commercial software
publishers.

Everyone here is a volunteer providing free support to other users. Neither
strong words, frustration or CAPITAL LETTERS will change that.