James Knott wrote:
Larry Gusaas wrote:
Gordon wrote:
Raghavendra Gupta wrote:

Hello

I am using open office version 2.2, However, it does not recognise the
files created in word 2007.

Any suggestions

Thanks

MS Office 97, 2000, 2002 and 2003 don't recognise 2007 files EITHER! Not
without a converter add-in!
More arrogant "couldn't care less about our customers" thinking from
MS....
OO.o changed file format in version 2.0. Earlier version require a
converter add-in also. Think about the implications before insulting
M$ - although they do usually deserve it.

????

Unless I'm completely mistaken, OO can read & write the old OO format
files.  Please make sure you have your facts straight, before making
accusations.

We are talking about older versions of software reading newer file formats. Read the post CAREFULLY and get your bloody facts straight before making accusations.