----- Original Message -----

When looking at OpenLDAP before I remember the issue was that we didn't have
any standard schema to work with, that had all the different attributes we need.
Currently, we require to authenticate to a Kerberos server. Also, the
configuration of the different provider queries is done inside the source code,
and not configured externally.
So, IMO the best way to add a new OpenLDAP provider is first to externalize
this configuration, so that anyone can tweak it out according to his schema.

I hope the wiki pages above can give a clue on the infrastructure, but we would
be more than happy to help guiding you about that.
The relevant people are Yair Zaslavsky (yzasl...@redhat.com), and Roy Golan
(rgo...@redhat.com), and myself, which did the latest work on this
infrastructure, so we would be more than happy to help on IRC, E-mails, phone
calls, and etc.

developers are, so that's the best place to get guidance regarding git, gerrit,
java, and every development matter.

Oved