From: users-boun...@ovirt.org [mailto:users-boun...@ovirt.org] On Behalf Of
Adrian Gibanel
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 7:50 PM
To: users@ovirt.org
Subject: [Users] Lvm vgs failed on allinone setup

Hi,

  I'm trying to setup an oVirt 3.1 allinone system as described at:
http://blog.jebpages.com/archives/up-and-running-with-ovirt-3-1-edition/
.

  The main differences between my article and my setup are:

  * I've downgraded ovirt-engine-sdk to 3.1 as suggested.
  * I've selected ISCSI instead of NFS when running engine-setup and answering
to the: The default storage question. (I can change that to NFS if needed, I
think I used ISCSI because I had seen it in another howto).
  * Hacked all_in_one_100.py to increase waitForHostUp timeout (
http://blog.jebpages.com/archives/up-and-running-with-ovirt-3-1-edition/#comment-705803414
 )

  So when I first install it I go to attach local storage to local datacenter
as described in 5th setp in
http://blog.jebpages.com/archives/up-and-running-with-ovirt-3-1-edition/ and
everything seems to work fine.

  My problem happens when I reboot. (I just rebooted to make sure everything
was setup fine.).
Then the local storage (named iso) isn't attached to the local datacenter any
more.
I've checked /var/log/messages and I've found what I think it's the problem:
---

Nov 25 23:54:03 server vdsm Storage.LVM WARNING lvm vgs failed: 5 [] ['
Volume group "e2e3cb9c-a664-4fda-be0c-428b239e7e66" not found']

Nov 25 23:54:03 server vdsm TaskManager.Task ERROR
Task=`e75609f0-7322-4845-9cfc-1fb18e0ad3fc`::Unexpected error

Nov 25 23:54:03 server vdsm Storage.Dispatcher.Protect ERROR
{'status': {'message': "Storage domain does not exist:
('e2e3cb9c-a664-4fda-be0c-428b239e7e66',)", 'code': 358}}
---

The place where I initially placed iso and storage was /home/iso and
/home/storage where /home was a normal ext4 partition.
In order to try to fix this problem and maybe increase oVirt capabilites now
/home is an ext4 partition but not a normal one but mounted over an LV one.
As you can see the problem has not been fixed.

So I either need some help on how to fix this. I don't know. Some ideas.
* What's oVirt expecting when it searches a Volume group.
* What command is it trying to run?
* I've tried to search the script which might do the search but I've been
unable to find it.
* Does oVirt expect any special partitioning layout regarding lvm?

Thank you for any idea you could have.

Adrián Gibanel
I.T. Manager

+34 675 683 301
www.btactic.com

Ens podeu seguir a/Nos podeis seguir en:

Abans d´imprimir aquest missatge, pensa en el medi ambient. El medi ambient és
cosa de tothom. / Antes de imprimir el mensaje piensa en el medio ambiente. El
medio ambiente es cosa de todos.

AVIS:
El contingut d'aquest missatge i els seus annexos és confidencial. Si no en sou
el destinatari, us fem saber que està prohibit utilitzar-lo, divulgar-lo i/o
copiar-lo sense tenir l'autorització corresponent. Si heu rebut aquest missatge
per error, us agrairem que ho feu saber immediatament al remitent i que
procediu a destruir el missatge .

AVISO:
El contenido de este mensaje y de sus anexos es confidencial. Si no es el
destinatario, les hacemos saber que está prohibido utilizarlo, divulgarlo y/o
copiarlo sin tener la autorización correspondiente. Si han recibido este
mensaje por error, les agradeceríamos que lo hagan saber inmediatamente al
remitente y que procedan a destruir el mensaje .