I think that there is some confusion here so I will explain what are the
configurations for fail-over.

power management will reboot your host if a connectivity issue is
detected so all your vm's will be killed.
resilience policy will allow you to choose vm migration policy during a
host failure and its configured in the cluster level (clusters -> select
cluster -> general sub tab -> edit policy)
High Availability is configured only for servers type vm's and what it
does is re-run the vm in case the pid of the vm is killed (so most
commonly, if you have power management configured, and the host is
rebooted, the vm will start automatically on a different host).

so it really depends what you want. if you want vm migration than look
into cluster policy, if you want a specific vm to always be up and you
don't care about the other vm's than configure power management and a HA
vm. it really depends on what you need.

On 03/17/2013 07:15 PM, supo...@logicworks.pt wrote:
> Is it Mandatory to have power manamement enabled? if yes what equipment do
> you recommend to use with it?
>
> Regards
> Jose

Dafna Ron