On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM,  suporte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have 2 Fujitsu servers and one iSCSI storage domain. The servers have the
> power management configured with ilo3.
> We can live migrate a VM and when rebooting the host of that VM it does the
> migration to the other host.
>
> For testing high availability we disconnected all NIC cables of the VM host,
> the VM does not migrate to the other host, we had to manually confirm the
> host has been rebooted, and than migration happens.
>
> Is this the correct behavior? We have to manually confirm that the host has
> been rebooted for HA happens?
>
> Regards
> Jose

Hello,
when you say "we disconnected all NIC cables" you mean "we
disconnected all NIC cables but the ones connected to the iLO
interface", correct?
Because to know that one host has successfully fenced the problematic
one, it has to send a get status message and see that it is off or
that it has been successfully rebooted.....

For esxample in RHCS if you configure iLO as a fencing device it
remains indefinitely in state similar to

wait for fence to complete

if the "fencer" is not able to get an acknowledge about the operation
or to reach the other node iLO.
Probably you can find something in your logs...

Gianluca