On 07/19/2014 10:45 PM, Eli Mesika wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Brooks" <jbro...@redhat.com>
To: "users" <users@ovirt.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:02:13 AM
Subject: [ovirt-users] ilo4 vs. ipmilan fencing agents

Hi all --

I'm trying to get fencing squared away in my cluster of hp dl-380 servers,
which come with ilo4. I was able to get a successful status check from
the command line with fence_ilo4, but not w/ the ilo4 option in ovirt.

I see, though, that ilo4 in ovirt just maps to fence_ipmilan, and I was
not able to get a successful status check w/ fence_ipmilan from the cli.

So, I tried resetting the mapping so that ilo4 maps to ilo4. Now I can
complete the power management test in ovirt, but I imagine there's some
reason why ovirt isn't configured this way by default.

Will fencing actually work for me with ilo4 mapped to ilo4, rather than
to ipmilan?
ILO3 and ILO4 are mapped implicitly to ipmilan with lanplus flag ON and
power_wait=4
If you change the mapping to use the native scripts its OK as long as it works
for you
addin Marec G to the thread
Marec, should we always map ILO3 & ILO4 to the native scripts (fence_ilo3 ,
fence_ilo4) and not to ipmilan ???
yes, it is better but adding arguments manually is fine also.

m,