On 16/12/14 17:20, Aharon Canan wrote:
Did you "chown 36:36" the folder to get the right permissions for adding to
ovirt?

That's the thing. Ovirt actually creates that dir when I go and try to add the storage. It mounts the LVM device to that dir then fails. In the logs I posted at http://pastebin.com/fzN9ktAX you can see it is failing with a permission denied error. The command that is above the error is touch. I think it is trying to touch a file to ensure all is well and when that fails it gives the error.

If I knew where in the code to prefix the touch command with sudo and add a line to the sudoers entry I can test this idea.

[...]

----- Original Message -----

From: "Julian De Marchi" <jul...@jdcomputers.com.au>
To: users@ovirt.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 4:40:04 AM
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] [STORAGE] Adding posix compliant FS

On 12/16/14 08:57, Julian De Marchi wrote:
Heya--

I'm using ovirt 3.5 and trying to add a posix compliant FS to a node in
my cluster.

The storage I'm trying to add is contained within LVM. Below is a link
to my log files on the node where I'm trying to attach the storage.

http://pastebin.com/fzN9ktAX

I've read the ovirt manual for adding posix compliant storage and
believe I'm doing everything correct.

Any help to get this storage added would be great thanks and if I forgot
to include any info please ask.

More info to add. I was doing an "ls" on the dir it does the mount in
and saw the dir was owned by root:root with different perms to the ones
mounted via NFS.

[root@blade01 libvirt]# ls /rhev/data-center/mnt/ -lh
total 20K
drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4.0K Dec 11 09:00 10.106.200.100:_VM__IMAGES
drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4.0K Oct 17 09:42 10.106.200.22:_opt_vmexport
drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4.0K Oct 17 09:39
10.106.200.22:_var_lib_libvirt_images
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Dec 15 16:52 _dev_mapper_VolGroup-lv__images

This could explain why the touch command fails.

Still at a loss over the issue though.