On 07/03/2017 06:58 PM, knarra wrote:
On 07/03/2017 06:53 PM, yayo (j) wrote:
And sorry for delay
2017-06-30 14:09 GMT+02:00 knarra <kna...@redhat.com
To add a fully replicated node you need to reduce the replica
count to 2 and add new brick to the volume so that it becomes
replica 3. Reducing replica count by removing a brick from
replica / arbiter cannot be done from UI currently and this has
to be done using gluster CLI.
AFAIR, there was an issue where vm's were going to paused state
when reducing the replica count and increasing it to 3. Not sure
if this still holds good with the latest release.
Any specific reason why you want to move to full replication
instead of using an arbiter node ?
We have a new server with the same hard disk size of other two node,
so, why not? Why join the cluster as an arbiter when we can have the
same disk capacity to add extra replication?
and remove the arbiter node (Also a way to move the arbiter role
to the new node, If needed)
To move arbiter role to a new node you can move the node to
maintenance , add new node and replace old brick with new
brick. You can follow the steps below to do that.
* Move the node to be replaced into Maintenance mode
* Prepare the replacement node
* Prepare bricks on that node.
* Create replacement brick directories
* Ensure the new directories are owned by the vdsm user and the
* # mkdir /rhgs/bricks/engine
* # chmod vdsm:kvm /rhgs/bricks/engine
* # mkdir /rhgs/bricks/data
* # chmod vdsm:kvm /rhgs/bricks/data
* Run the following command from one of the healthy cluster
* # gluster peer probe <new_node>
* add the new host to the cluster.
* Add new host address to gluster network
* Click Network Interfaces sub-tab.
* Click Set up Host Networks.
* Drag and drop the glusternw network onto the IP address of
the new host.
* Click OK
* Replace the old brick with the brick on the new host
* Click the Bricks sub-tab.
* Verify that brick heal completes successfully.
* In the Hosts tab, right-click on the old host and click Remove.
* Clean old host metadata
* # hosted-engine --clean-metadata --host-id=<old_host_id>
I need this (reads: I need the arbiter role) if I reduce replica
count then I add the new node as full replica and increasing replica
count again to 3? (As you expained above)
Above steps hold good if you want to move the arbiter role to a new node.
If you want to move to full replica, reducing the replica count will
work fine but increasing it again back to 3 might cause vm pause issues.
So, please poweroff your vms while performing this.
Users mailing list
Users mailing list