From: Jorge Visentini <jorgevisent...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2022 7:53 AM
To: Stier, Matthew <matthew.st...@fujitsu.com>
Cc: ziyi Liu <lzy19930...@gmail.com>; users@ovirt.org
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Re: Expand the disk space of the hosting engine

Hi guys.

So... the problem is that we can't extend the virtual disk on oVirt... "Cannot
edit Virtual Disk. The operation is not supported for HOSTED_ENGINE disks."
In my case I also created a 100GB Domain Storage, but the disk is only 58GB and
I can't increase it...

Em qui., 29 de dez. de 2022 às 18:53,
matthew.st...@fujitsu.com<mailto:matthew.st...@fujitsu.com>
<matthew.st...@fujitsu.com<mailto:matthew.st...@fujitsu.com>> escreveu:
If you used the default image for your self-hosted-engine, it will create the
disk of the size you specified, (50GB) but only allocate the space it actually
requires.

This means the remaining space on the allocated disk, is there, unused.

Since it setup with LVM, you can use 'fdisk' to create a partition of that
unused space.

Use pvcreate to add that partition to LVM,

Use vgextend to extend the appropriate volume group

Use lvextend to extend the appropriate logical volume, and file-system.