We still have a few oVirt and RHV installs kicking around, but between this and some core features we use being removed from el8/9 (gluster, spice / qxl, and probably others soon at this rate) we've heavily been shifting gears away from both Red Hat and oVirt. Not to mention the recent drama...

In the past we toyed around with the idea of helping maintain oVirt, but with the list of things we'd need to support growing beyond oVirt and into other bits as well, we aren't equipped to fight on multiple fronts so to speak.

For the moment we've found a home with SUSE / Apache CloudStack, and when el7 EOL's that's likely going to be our entire stack moving forward.

On 2023-07-13 02:21, eshwa...@gmail.com wrote:
I am beginning to have very similar thoughts.  It's working fine for
me now, but at some point something big is going to break.  I already
have VMWare running, and in fact, my two ESXi nodes have the exact
same hardware as my two KVM nodes.  Would be simple to do, but I
really don't want to go just yet.  At the same time, I don't want to
be the last person turning off the lights.  Difficult times.