Thanks Neal, your insight is very much appreciated.

A lot of people forget about SuSE, but it's got the same ethos that RH had a few years ago, and it's worth looking into.

I can imagine Fedora being a choice in CI/CD deployments but I'd be surprised is more old-fashioned companies would accept the risk. Going through a whole risk vs cost thing right now.

It does seem that OpenShift is a potent platform, and pulling out of OKD would be a horrible mess, so here's hoping that if oVirt dies that OKD is a viable platform for both containers and Virtualisation (ah, legacy workloads!). It's just a shame that oVirt no longer has the sponsorship, I've been relentlessly ragged on on Reddit for admitting to using it (mostly from Hyper-V fanbois), but it's far, far better than Hyper-V and much less restrictive than VMWare. Hyper-V had me pulling my remaining hair out almost every single day. Five clicks to get the MAC address of a VM? Dynamic MAC addresses not being cluster-wide and pinned to a VM, so they change after a migration? Yuck.

I will read that link now!

Best regards

Alex