All,

I'd rather base against either Rocky or Alma in the shorter term, or Ubuntu/Debian for a longer view. oVirt IMHO is a superior product to anything else if you know your way around it. Fantastic and informative GUI, a great set of APIs, and pretty solid in terms of storage support. I'm running it hyperconverged over ZFS+DRBD with Corosync and Pacecmaker in a 2 node cluster.

I'm currently running a cluster on Rocky 8 and it's working perfectly at the moment. I'm not a fan of Gluster for its small I/O performance but I'm sure it's still a useful option for running VMs with heavy storage requirements with lesser small I/O performance requirements.

Fedora would get you fired from a lot of SME or enterprise environments. And with the mess around IBM/RH who knows if they'll drop OpenShift next and pull the devs out of OKD?