Hi James,

the Pulsar standalone is a self-contained Pulsar instance and it starts
everything it needs, within a single JVM, the broker, BookKeeper and
ZooKeeper.
It is meant to be used for testing or anywhere availability, replication
and scalability are not a concern.

By default the standalone logs are printed in the console.

You can use:
bin/pulsar-daemon start standalone

to start it in background with logs redirected to a file. In any case, just
modify the "conf/log4j.properties" for the logging configuration.

Matteo

--
Matteo Merli
<mme...@apache.org>