So, for quick tests with the pulsar-standalone there's no need to worry
about
ZooKeeper, since it's providing everything out of the box.

So, you need to deploy a ZK cluster or connect to an existing one only if
you're trying
to deploy a multi-node Pulsar cluster, with "real" brokers and bookies.

>From the perspective of Pulsar and Storm there is no requirement to share
the same
ZooKeeper cluster, though nothing prevents from doing it.

I would say, that if the load and data set size on an existing ZK cluster
are not that high,
and you don't plan to create 100Ks of topics, there should be no problem in
sharing
the cluster.

I guess the main challenges can arise if there are multiple teams
interacting on the
same ZK cluster with many different workloads. Some unexpected mistakes
from one
team could cause instabilities on the whole cluster. In practice, in a
correctly setup
hardware (multiple disks, enough mem and no swap) the ZK cluster can sustain
very intensive workloads with super-high reliability.

> Not too clear on how to get started with pulsar feeding into storm spout.
Thanks

I would just start with running the Pulsar standalone in one machine. Then
follow
the examples at
https://pulsar.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/adaptors/PulsarStorm/ for
how to write a simple topology using the PulsarSpout adapter.
You then just need to point the "serviceUrl" to the address of the machine
where the
Pulsar standalone service is running.

--
Matteo Merli