On 26/08/14 15:41, Rob Godfrey wrote:
Hi Fraser,

I think the issue here is that the Java Broker doesn't really understand
properly what you want to do with the address "amq.fanout" I think it is
looking for a binding key for the exchnage... for instance if you tried to
receive from the address "amq.fanout/foo" I think it would work.  Obviously
for the fanout exchange this seems a little odd as the binding key is
pretty meaningless - but for other exchange types it is more important.

I'll raise a JIRA to deal with this case however.

-- Rob

Thanks again for your help so far Rob.

For info

./recv amqp://guest:guest@localhost/amq.fanout/dummy

with

./send -a amqp://guest:guest@localhost/amq.fanout

seems to work. Yay little victories :-)

Next question (and this might be more in Gordon's space) any idea how to get spit and drain to play ball? So I try

./drain --connection-options {protocol:amqp1.0} -b guest/guest@localhost -f "amq.fanout"

and I guess unsurprisingly that creates a queue (with no binding) on the default vhost

With drain following the previous "pattern" doesn't work either e.g.

./drain --connection-options {protocol:amqp1.0} -b guest/guest@localhost -f "amq.fanout/dummy"

Doesn't create a binding.

So not sure for the case of spout/drain with the Java Broker
a) how to specify a virtual host in the address
b) how to get a binding to amq.fanout created.

Frase